Saturday, January 25, 2014

Beginning a Journey

I am so excited to say that I am going to Peru this summer with HELP-International!

Volunteering with a humanitarian group is probably the best internship experience I could ask for in order to really understand international health needs. As a public health major I hope to serve those in underdeveloped areas throughout my career and Peru seems like the perfect place to start. My goals are to participate in health education projects like Dengue Virus prevention, shadow doctors in a rural medical clinic, and work alongside large humanitarian organizations like the Red Cross.

I will leave May 14 and return June 20.
There is a lot to do before I leave, but I can't wait to get started!

More about HELP-International here:  http://help-international.org/


No comments:

Post a Comment